Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Quotation Wednesday {7th ed.}

This is my favorite one yet!! For one thing, this is a mantra that I have been working hard on over the last year or so. Lets face it, I don't fit into society norms...and I am damn proud of my quirkiness!! :) Unfortunately though, I also place a lot of importance on people liking and accepting me. I came up against people this past year who were very threatened by my differences and therefore used them against me. I allowed their insecure defenses to morph into being insecure myself, and I am not proud of that...but it was a wonderful learning experience and I am now embracing my quirks even more! So, thanks Dr. Seuss for summing up the struggles of my past year perfectly, and with a rhyme!!
Also, I chose a Lady Gaga picture for a specific reason. I have always been a bit hesitant, no lets call it what it is, judgmental (that is hard for me to admit!) about her and her eccentric ways. But, I have seen a few interviews with her lately and have completely changed my mind. She epitomizes open-mindedness and is calling for an unjudgemental generational shift. She has such an eloquent way of stating this...while still being quirky and unique. Awesome!! 
Thoughts.....?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quote works for me....Dr Seuss no less. Love it.

I needed to get warmed up to Lady Gaga. At first I wasn't sure where she was coming from but now after seeing a number of interviews of her, I see that's she's a down to earth person and very smart. Oh, and I've got tickets to see her when she visits San Diego....eeeekkkkk! ;)

Mel's Way or No Way said...

That's one we should all try to live by.

Gaga, yeah I like her too. She's definitely not a "mindless" face put out there by the industry. She seems very in charge of her career and I respect that.