Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Stolen post

I saw this on Lisa's yarns and thought it was a fun one, so here it goes...

1. What animal should cease to exist? (Not including bugs. That’s too obvious.)
-Pomeranians! Just kidding, I love all animals and think nothing should be excluded...but I seriously do not like these yippy little puff balls!

2. What was your favorite thing about the beach?
-Absolutely everything! I love when it is basically deserted though and you can just listen to the waves. Plus, I love sandpipers; those little birds that chase the tide searching for bugs and stuff, they are adorable :)

3. If scientists found a way to allow dogs to talk, do you think we should implement it? Or should we just keep them quiet?
-I am torn on this one. It would make animal abuse harder for the jerks that do it if they had to listen to the cries for help. But, there is something so amazing about the silence of a pet. I'm going to go with no, because I don't think we should impose our scientific discoveries on nature...but I do think more people should listen to the silent pleas of animals.

4. How do you order your Starbucks?
- Grande pumpkin spice (normally sugar free vanilla) light room americano.

5. What’s worse? People who don’t know the difference between your and you’re OR people who  smack their food?
-PEOPLE WHO SMACK THEIR FOOD!! hands down, this is my biggest pet peeve! Close your damn mouth people! This goes for gum chompers too, have some decency!

6. What CD can you listen to over and over?
- Right now it's Brandi Carlile's "Give Up the Ghost", but basically anything by her!

7. What was the most surprising thing about college?
- The experiences outside of the classroom. Its true that it is the time to figure out who you are. This is undergrad that I am referring to. The most surprising thing about grad school is that I am still alive and partially sane!

8. What’s the best deal you ever got? (Biggest sale item.)
- I love this question because I just got the best deal ever. I was at Fred Meyer shopping for boring necessary stuff and remembered that I needed a new bra. This wasn't fun bra shopping, it was boring "I really need one" bra shopping. So I found on on the sale rack that was purple, which added a little excitement. I went to check the price after the sale on the self scanner thing. It read "foundation, 3 cents" which I assumed was a mistake with the scanner. We went through the self checkout aisle and it rang up that way there too!! So, I paid quickly and left with my 3 cent bra!! Awesome :)

9. Who is your role model? Why?
- This is a seriously tough question. I am convinced that I don't really know of my role model. This isn't because I don't appreciate the people that I know or that I know of, I am surrounded by amazing people. This is simply because I believe that the people out there who deserve "role model" status are the silent fighters. The woman making minimum wage at 3 jobs to support her children, the people who are overworked and underpaid at homeless shelters and foster care centers, the drug addicts who turn their lives around only to encounter struggles and judgment, the person who gives up their seat on the bus to an elderly passenger or their last dollar to a homeless veteran......all without praise or notoriety. These people are my role models!

10. What movie would you like to see that is in theaters right now? Why?
- Where the Wild Things Are. It looks beautiful and it is nostalgic for my generation.

Those are my answers, comment with answers to the questions that you like or repost if you so please :)

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Thanks for playing along.

Yah, Brandi Carlile rocks. Her voice is amazing. I never get sick of her CDs.

Holy cannasta - a $.03 bra? That is an awesome deal!!

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked by a 3 cent bra. Even to me, that sounds like a pretty good deal lol.

--Konnor