Monday, November 30, 2009

Holiday movies!

My favorite holiday movie has always been Prancer. A little girl helping out an injured reindeer so he can fly on christmas...come on thats good stuff! Makes me cry like a baby every single time. Then of course there is A Christmas Story, I love this movie! Every time I see it I think of sitting in the living room with my grandpa laughing while my mom and grandma comment on the movie's stupidity! :) Whats not to love about a pink bunny costume as pj's, a sexy leg lamp, and the line "you'll shoot your eye out, kid!"


Most of the new holiday movies fall a little short of the classics in my mind. But, to get in the spirit, we watched a few recently. My mom loaned us 4 christmases and it was really cute. That may have been more due to the adorable relationship between teeny tiny Reese Witherspoon and the giant Vince Vaughn though than the actual holiday aspect of it! Last night though I watched a Hallmark movie (don't judge!) that was adorable. It is definitely going in my group of holiday favorites! It was called A Dog Named Christmas and was about a developmentally delayed 20 year old who fostered a dog over the holidays and.....well I won't ruin it, check your local listings! It was really good and of course, I cried multiple times (those damn Hallmark movies!) The shelters here in Seattle are doing the same thing and I thought it was a good idea. Now after watching the movie, we are definitely going to look into it. We just have to be strong enough to bring the dog back after christmas, Domino is already too much! I think shelters across the US are doing the same thing, everyone should check into it and watch the movie!

So, I know I am missing quite a few, what are your favorite holiday movies?!

On a side holiday note, Rachel got me tickets to the Nutcracker by the PNB for our anniversiary! I have been wanting to go ever since I moved here 4 years ago. I am super excited!! :)

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I really love the movie, "The Holiday". I wish Jack Black would show up on my door step!

I also love Christmas Vacation.

Mel's Way or No Way said...

No sappy movies for me. I will NEVER watch The Christmas Shoes and shudder when I hear that song.

My favs are definitely A Christmas Story and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Plus I love the classics; the Grinch and Charlie Brown.