Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Quotation Wednesday {17th ed.}

I love this quote (I say that every week, I know!). As with most quotes, there are many ways it can be interpreted. I think of it as a way to indicate that the true places are not destinations, but rather the feelings that you get from being in a place that moves you. Beautiful towering trees do that for me, the ones that can encompass you and make you feel like nature has you wrapped in a loving embrace. The feeling I get from sitting under a gorgeous tree with only the smells and sounds of nature surrounding me, there is no place truer than that for me.
"It is not down on any map, true places never are."-Hermin Melville
Isn't this picture gorgeous? I want to live under that tree!

1 comment:

Mel's Way or No Way said...

I LOVE that tree. It makes me want to sit under there with a book and relax.