Friday, January 14, 2011

Random Simple Pleasures {2nd ed.}


Simple Pleasure #2 ~ The Window Seat
I hesitate to include this as a "simple" pleasure because I really think it is quite amazing. I mean you are watching the world get minuscule while flying through the air! That is awesome right?! I decided to include it though because it has become a somewhat mundane thing in our ever traverse society. But alas, I still think it is stunning. I have found that I love flying into/out of Seattle during the day, the mountains and water are just phenomenally beautiful.
I love Minneapolis at night because it always amazes me that there are city lights literally as far as you can see!
Its not really something you can capture...

I also though love flying over the midwest during the day when the farm land looks like an expanse of earthly quilts. When you are close enough to see the little worlds below, its just so amazing to think that each little plot, each light, each household represents a family, a whole life...am I the only person who finds that to be extraordinary?!

2 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

It is quite amazing and scary at the same time
Benny & Lily

Heathrow's World said...

I always love the "quilt" look too :)