Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Brandi :)

Brandi Carlile played with the Seattle Symphony again this past weekend. If for some reason you are not yet aware, I absolutely love her! We went when she played with them 2 years ago, and it was the best concert I had ever been to...this one lived up to the standard!


One of the reasons that I love her so much is because her music oozes emotion! So pairing that with the amazingly cathartic experience of a symphony is the melodic version of pure harmonic bliss! (Wow, adjectives!) Plus, she is so obviously thrilled to be playing with them, you can practically feel her happiness! Im sure I have mentioned that I am an empath and that is a quality that I am proud of even though it means that I feel people's pain pretty significantly, which can be really difficult. But, the plus side to that is that I also deeply feel people's happiness! Its a really amazing experience to be able to witness the pure joy in someone and that is how I have feel watching her play with the symphony; almost embarrassed to be a part of something so personally profound to her.

She also sing an angelic acoustic version of Crazy that hit a sore note for me during this fragile state (of all the songs and all the lyrics....), and of course it brought me to tears....but it was just too beautiful to be sad for long! Watch the video, she is amazing!
Im crazy for trying, crazy for crying, and I'm crazy for loving you

(sorry, this isn't from the actual show but its the best video I could find...)

No comments: