Saturday, August 21, 2010

"Books in a series give me reason to continue living..."

Ok, so that was a quote from a book that was a little disturbing and quite depressing. I am still undecided on how I feel about it, but I like the quote! (Like Being Killed by Ellen Miller, in case you were wondering)

As I have mentioned before, Im finishing up the Millennium trilogy and I love them. As I shamefully admitted a few months ago, I read the Twilight series and got completely sucked in (pun intended!) to that series as well. When I was younger I really loved the Babysitters Little Sister (a very long series!) books and the Saddle Club books! My dad got me the best christmas gift ever one year and gave me 12 gift certificates to B Dalton (local book store, do they still exist?!) and each was dated with a month of the next year. So we got a date together to go book shopping once a month....Awesome!!! Anyways, I always got one of each and it was like visiting a good friend every time I opened the next book. (For the record, yes I was the dorky book kid, and yes, Im quite proud of that!)


I love books in a series! You know that feeling when you are finishing a good book and you don't want to put it down, but you also don't want it to be over?! Well, whoever decided on series of books must have been struggling with that dilemma. And what a great solution!

So...what is your favorite book series?! Im almost done with Lisbeth and Im really gonna miss her! So any suggestions?

2 comments:

Heathrow's World said...

The Saddle Club! Ha! I remember those. I was totally a Babysitters Club girl. I found them in a bin in the basement a while ago and saved them for my daughter :)

crystal said...

Heather that is awesome, she is going to love them! I wonder what happened to all of mine? Hmm....