Thursday, June 2, 2011

Soundsuits

I just went and saw Nick Cave's Soundsuit exhibit at the Seattle Art Museum. They were really amazing! They just have a beautiful aesthetic to them, it was everything I could do to not touch them! If this exhibit ever comes to your town, I highly recommend seeing it. (Oh and I saw the Picasso exhibit at SAM awhile ago too and that one is a must see as well!!)
I really liked these ones, they look liked they are exploding with excitement to me!
This one was my favorite, but the picture doesn't do it justice. Similar to the above one, it was a "man" in what can only be described as an afgan bodysuit and he was encased in a birdcage of sorts. I think he just found every tacky bird bric-a-brac item at a thrift store and made this surprisingly beautiful cage out of it...awesome! Oh, and to top it off, the man in the cage had a really awesome vintagey lion mask on :)

Ahh, as I am typing this I am realizing that these small distant pictures run the risk of making the work look tacky, but it really isn't! It is awesome to see in person, like it is art that is painfully sitting still and you can just picture it breaking free into a joyously beautiful dance!

ps: watch awesome videos here and here!!!

No comments: