Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Moving is annoying!!

That about covers it, Im annoyed! The moving companies are all about money. Can't they just stop and think about the people behind those boxes? I don't want to pay an extra $500 just so I don't have to sleep on a blow up mattress for an indeterminate amount of time waiting for my stuff that would likely just be sitting in a storage facility in the middle of Montana on the basis that I didn't pay extra money!!

Arghh...I bet rich people hire someone to take care of all this crap. I bet they just sit on their butts while someone finds them a wonderful place to live, deals with the landlords/sellers, packs their crap, decides what to keep and what to give away, figures out the logistics of getting it there, cancels their cable, gets them to their new home without them even knowing it, cleans the old place (I hate that the most!), unpacks all their crap, and then says "hey, just so you know, you are now moved!" Im pouting...

7 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Amen to that! :) I just spent the last 2-3 hours packing my kitchen with the help of 2 girlfriends, though, so I feel pretty lucky to have them help with that. I am exhausted though. And there are boxes freaking everywhere in my tiny condo. I did hire movers to actually move the boxes. I can't even fathom having someone pack & unpack my stuff for me. Well, I am too much of a control freak to have someone unpack. Ha. ;)

Two French Bulldogs said...

we think you need help to get up, BOL
Benny & Lily

Mel's Way or No Way said...

Benny and Lily make me laugh!

Moving, good god I hate moving! I moved across the country once and everything I owned fit in my car and a small U-Haul trailer. I can't even imagine moving now.

Breathe in, breathe out, let it be over soon.

Solitary Diner (Also Known as The Frugalish Physician) said...

I feel for you. Moving is one of the greatest hells on earth. I made a move (thankfully in the same city) over my vacation, and I'm still bitter at the loss of my vacation time. I hope that all gets settled soon.

crystal said...

Thanks guys, I know its over soon!!

Heathrow's World said...

Ugh! Across the country move is the worst too! I had to deal with it ALL ALONE, woe is me. I thought I was going to need some happy drugs. But, I did it, and my friend showed up at 10pm at night to help start packing the truck. With wine.
Just remember, this too shall pass...
and it will make you want to live with nothing because the thought of moving again will make you all stabby with rage! :)

crystal said...

"stabby with rage" I like that!! :)