Thursday, August 26, 2010

Central Perk/library/beach house!!!

I want a perfect coffee shop! What is Crystal's version of a perfect coffee shop you ask?!

Well, it would have a bunch of comfy chairs and couches in the front section. There would be chandeliers to offer subtly bright, but not blinding light. All the walls would have built in book shelves with classic old books littering them. There would be an area in the back with big tables and comfy desk-type chairs. This would be the quiet area, and it would actually be quiet...as in how a library is meant to be!! There would be an unwritten law that everyone who was in there warmly accepted.

Of course there would be good coffee! Also though, yummy breakfast wraps and bagels. And for those of us who do homework all the live long day(!), there would be lunch options also...oh and wine! :)

The best part of this perfect coffee shop? It would be a hidden little gem! Im thinking something along the other side of Alki (here is an old link for those of you who are not Seattleites); the quiet but yet still beautiful side. Tucked away in the midst of cozy houses, but still with a view of the water. Plus it would have an entire wall that opened up like a garage door so you could listen to the water, from a secluded section of the beach of course!

Can you picture it?! If anyone knows of this place, please please share!! Until then, I will put on my noise reduction headphones and sit in a coffee shop with crappy stale bagels while I plug away at this lovely dissertation! Ahh, a girl can dream.....

7 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Ooo, I love the sound of this coffee shop! I can totally picture it - sounds like such a warm, welcoming, inviting place!

Thanks for your kind/insightful comment today. I know that I learned something from this relationship. I learned to trust my gut a bit more... I had a bad feeling when he cancelled on teh night that I was supposed to meet up w/ him and his friends. I had a bad feeling, but wanted it to just be circumstancial (he got water in his basement). But the way that he cancelled (via text message) and the timing of the cancellation (7 pm when we were supposed to be meeting up around 8), were unnerving. I think I 'knew' then that it was over... I just wasn't quite ready to accept it. So I kept hoping it was a fluke. But I shoudl have just gone w/ my gut instinct...

Rachelgab said...

Diva Espresso on Fauntleroy has a garage door that opens up...but not to the water...My favorite place to people watch all day is the Uptown Espresso on 4th and Wall street.

crystal said...

Lisa - Yeah, its hard at the time, but I just like to search for the positive. I fully believe that every difficult situation results in personal growth and that is always good!

Rachel - I do love Diva! That is where the chandelier inspiration came from :) I just wish they had better food! Plus there is always some sort of group meeting there.

Heathrow's World said...

There's an awesome place in my hometown, The Raven. Unfortunately you're not in MI :)
I can't believe there isn't a TON of coffee shops around you? Maybe you should open a decent one.

crystal said...

Heather - There actually are a ton of them around here...just not one that fits my insanely detailed and picky criteria!! :)

* said...

Coffee Werks in Voorhees, NJ is kind of cool.

But not as cool as your picture there...

Mel's Way or No Way said...

When you find it, let me know. I'm staking a claim to a comfy chair to people watch.