Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Quotation Wednesday {15th ed.}

I heard this on Oprah, she said that one of her guests said it and it stuck with her. I really like the idea of it because its not saying "forgive and forget" but to accept and let go. Sometimes I feel like being asked to forgive means I am expected to act like whatever it was that hurt me never happened. This is different, to me it means that you can accept it and honor the pain of it, but move on. There is just something comforting for me to think that the pain can be honored and respected, but it doesn't have to overcome me. I can accept that something horrible happened to me, but it doesn't have to become me...
"Forgiveness is letting go of the idea that the past can be changed."
-Unknown

3 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

hmmm, good insight
Benny & Lily

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Oo, that is a good one!

Another Oprah quote that I love and think of often in terms of relationships is this:

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them."

Kind of another way to say, 'actions speak louder than words'.

Mel's Way or No Way said...

Damn, you hit the nail on the head again.