Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Quotation Wednesday {2nd ed.}

I stole this from my friend Rachel, who I think stole it from some other blog, but secondary sources are a stress for dissertations, not blogs!!
"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." -Plato

I love love it!! I am constantly reminding myself that you just never know what trauma someone has gone through. So when your server gets irritated about your 15th refill or someone doesn't give up their "backpack seat" on the bus, its ok, they may be going through something really difficult. I think the world would be a better place if we just all gave people a little bit of leeway and compassion rather than judgement and irritation.

3 comments:

Mel's Way or No Way said...

I'll think of you and try harder to be nice...damn it's going to be hard.

crystal said...

Hmm...I thought I had this scheduled post thing figured out....Im not sure why this is up already, but oh well! :)

Heathrow's World said...

You're just in the future.
Love that quote, will make me think a bit.