Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happy Monday {17th ed.}

Happy Happy Monday!

Finally relaxing after overwhelming stress
This past week I flew to MN alone to go on 2 internship interviews, finally submitted my completed dissertation proposal to my committee members, and scheduled a defense date!!! There is no better feeling than finally relaxing after stressing out for months on end! Ahh the joy of not waking up (and going to bed) filled with stress and dread! (It will last for about a week, but oh how I will enjoy it!)

This video
It has Gloria from Modern Family and Britney S Pierce from Glee...awesome! :)



Eva Longoria's dress at the Golden Globes
Gorgeous, I want to wear it while sitting on my couch and eating ice cream!! :)
Books written from a dog's perspective
Yeah, because I'm a dork like that! I just read A Dog's Purpose and loved it. It's no literary masterpiece, but it made me smile, laugh, cry, and want to hug my pups...what more could you want?! :)
Oh, and The Art of Racing in the Rain is another good one. (Hmm...I just realized how similar the covers are!)

Perusing the "free" section on Craigslist
I know, get a life Crystal! Seriously though, it is simple entertainment at it's best! Where else could you find "Stuffing, clean and white" or a picture of a guy rock climbing for free? Who gets in their car and drives to some strangers house to pick this crap up?! (Who spends their Sunday night looking at this stuff?...oh yeah, me!)

Roller Coasters!!!
One of my interviews was in Shakopee, MN...the home of Valley Fair! This was the amusement park of my childhood, adolescence, and yes, adulthood! I will admit that I am a huge baby when it comes to scary movies, halloween pranks, and even the dark! But, I love love roller coasters, to the point that I can't even fully enjoy them unless I am strapped into the front seat! Valley fair is awesome and I hope to be able to go back soon :)
This is the "Wild Thing" and it is strategically positioned right along the road,
just to make you want to jump right on!
Ok, that is it for me this week! What is making you happy?

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Soaking up the sun in Tucson! It was wonderful to thaw out. It has been dang cold here in Minneapolis lately!

Great list!!

Mel's Way or No Way said...

Damn you were just a short distance form my place. I've rode that coaster a few times but I've rode bigger and better too. Fun, fun!

Hmmm, what is making me happy this week? Well I'm over the hump and my week is winding down. Sorry that the best I can do this week.