Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dream journaling...

I've finally started keeping a regular dream journal. For years I've said that I will do this, but always chose to sleep that extra 2 minutes rather than write my dream down (its 2 minutes, come on Crystal!!). I can't believe it took me this damn long! I find it so amazing to discover my patterns in dreaming. I love trying to decode the hidden meaning in my intricate unconscious world. (I know, there I go with that damn rich internal world stuff again!!) Plus, Im remembering everything is so much more detail now. When I read back on past ones, its like Im there again!

Does anyone else keep a dream journal? If so, what do you think about it? Have you learned anything interesting about yourself? If not, here are some tips. Do it right away! Its best if you don't get up or even turn on the light (if that is possible!). Simply by standing or sitting up, you further exit that space where your dreams occurred. Write any dream you remember down, not just the ones that you find intriguing upon waking. Sometimes that seemingly insignificant ones will give insight into fascinating themes later on. And finally, don't make too much out of it! Often our dreams are not what they seem at face value. So, when you dream about chasing a chicken down the street, don't think you need to go eat a bunch of chicken (or eggs!) the chicken is probably representing something elusive in your life. The fun part is figuring out what that is!!

ps: I love this video :)

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I do not keep a dream journal, but I should, especially since you encouraged me to when I posted about my wedding dream!

Oh, and I would love meet up when we are in Seattle. Maybe email me as 'lisasyarns@gmail.com'? Maybe we can do coffee or lunch or dinner or something that day? We'll arrive on Friday morning, October 8th...