Thursday, July 8, 2010

...but I love the library!

My school shares a building with the Art Institute, which is....interesting! Generally it is not a problem because we have our own floor, but we do share a library. AI students treat this shared space like a coffee shop (at best, a bar at worst); talking, laughing, fighting...basically everything loud you can think of! This has been my biggest complaint about my grad school experience so far, how can a grad school not have an adequate library?!

Anyways, AI is on break so I have been enjoying some blissfuly quiet library time. Today though, they are doing new student tours, which is slightly annoying, but at least they are only in here for about 5 minutes at a time. Just a few minutes ago though, I heard a tour guide make a painfully blasphemous statement! He walked in with all his new students and said, "I can't believe this is still needed in our digital era, but.... (rolling eyes and scoffing) this is the library"Gasp! And he said this, right in front of all these books! How insulting!

As you probably know, I love love love books! So, this hurt me :( Not only do you people ruin the library experience with your gabbing, music listening, and facebook-ing, but now you are insulting the books...to their faces!?! This passionate bibliomaniac is deeply offended...

1 comment:

Mel's Way or No Way said...

I love the quiet of the library. You should have give that tour guide a kick in the ass!